homepage, News, Acadian Care – Hammond, Acadian Care – Mandeville, Acadian Care – New Orleans, Acadian Care – Slidell, Access Health Louisiana Primary Care at Pythian, Belle Chasse C.H.C, Kenner C.H.C, South Broad C.H.C, St. Bernard C.H.C, St. Charles – Norco C.H.C, St. Charles – Luling C.H.C, St. Tammany – Slidell C.H.C, Tangipahoa C.H.C, Washington C.H.C, Woodworth C.H.C.
New Guidelines Released – Who Qualifies?
Do I Qualify to receive a booster?
The State of Louisiana and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) now recommends that any person who is fully vaccinated with an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) COVID-19 vaccine and has a moderately to severely compromised immune system should receive a third dose of that same mRNA COVID-19 vaccine.
What specific criteria must I meet under CDC guidelines?
If any of the following conditions apply to you, you qualify to receive a third dose or “booster” COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you are receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood,
- If you received an organ transplant and are currently taking medicine to suppress the immune system,
- If you received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are currently taking medicine to suppress the immune system,
- If you are moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome),
- If you have advanced or untreated HIV infection,
- If you are actively receiving treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (>20mg prednisone or equivalent per day) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response,
- Other conditions which cause moderate or severe immunosuppression similar to the above conditions.
If you do meet one of the above criteria, what do you do next?
Call 1-866-530-5111 or your nearest Access Health Louisiana clinic location. Schedule an appointment to receive your third dose. Please note: You will be asked to sign an attestation form prior to receiving your third dose of COVID-19 vaccine stating that you meet the criteria outlined by the CDC. To view this attestation form prior to your visit, please click here.