WIC Participants to receive increased benefits through September 2022
The cost of buying nutritional foods to feed children can be a challenge for many families in Southeast Louisiana. Access Health Louisiana’s WIC staff can help mothers get help paying for groceries through the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children better known as “WIC.” To qualify, women and children must meet a few federal requirements based on residency, age, income and nutritional risk. Check your qualifications by visiting the Louisiana WIC website here. WIC Participants will receive an increase in Cash Value Benefits through September 30, 2022, with cash benefits starting at 24$ for children and $43 for mothers. For more information on the enhanced benefits, click here.
You can rely on AHL’s WIC staff to help make applying for benefits easy and fast. If interested, just call and set up an appointment to meet with a member of our team.
What will you need to bring to your appointment?
- Driver’s license or picture id
- Proof of income (if employed)
- Medicaid card, food stamps (SNAP) or TANF benefit.
- You may also need any medical information from your doctor, and if you’re applying for benefits for a child, you will need your child’s immunization record as well.
Who is eligible?
- Low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women.
- Infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk are also eligible for benefits.
Some of the benefits include:
- Foods such as:
- Cereal Cheese
- Baby Foods Yogurt
- Fruit and vegetable juice Canned Vegetables
- Eggs Whole wheat bread
- Milk And much more!
- Health screenings
- Nutrition and Breastfeeding counseling
- Immunization screenings
- Substance abuse referrals
Don’t let another month go by without putting a healthy meal on your table. To apply, call Access Health Louisiana’s WIC Department today!
Call the WIC location nearest you for more information.
Slidell W.I.C. (985) 847-0720 Kenner W.I.C. (504) 496-0540
St. Bernard W.I.C. (504) 281-2891 Luling W.I.C. (985) 785-5841